East Palestine Memorial Public Library
COMMUNITY ROOM POLICY
The Library Community Room is available free of charge to community groups and organizations for meetings, workshops, seminars, programs, and clubs. The room is not available for the benefit of private individuals or commercial concerns. Donations to offset the cost of furniture, equipment, and operations are greatly appreciated.
The Community Room is available to nonprofit organizations only as a public service. The room is not available for the benefit of private individuals or profit-making organizations.
- All applications for Community Room use must be made in writing and approved by the Board of Trustees on an annual basis. All events must be free and open to the public. A copy of this Policy will be given to all applicants to review and sign effective April 2, 2014.
- The maximum number of persons allowed in the Community Room is fifty (50). The group or organization takes full responsibility for monitoring the number of persons in the room, and adhering to this limit. The East Palestine Memorial Public Library (including the Community Room) is designated a non-smoking building.
- Use of the Community Room for Library purposes takes precedence over other reservations, including the right to move reservations to accommodate Library programs. In the event the Library needs to move a reservation, every effort will be made to give as much notice as possible. The Library is not responsible for the cancellation of a reservation in the Community Room in case of emergency that results in closing of the Library building.
- Meetings must be held during regular Library operating hours. Groups must vacate the Community Room fifteen (15) minutes prior to Library closing time. Activities of groups are restricted to the confines of the Community Room.
- No items may be sold in the Library, and no money may be collected on Library premises except during Library sponsored events such as authors, artists, and performers. They may sell their books, art, CDs and other materials with prior approval from the Board of Trustees.
- Food and beverages may be served in the Community Room with advance permission. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted. Each group is responsible for leaving the Community Room as found and for the replacement of lost or damaged equipment. Fees for cleaning may be assessed, if necessary. A deposit may be required for future uses if a group should fail to maintain the condition of the space.
- Prearranged setup of chairs and tables is available only for Library programs and Library affiliated programs. There will be tables and chairs available in the room for all other groups to arrange as they wish, but they need to return the room to the setup found upon arrival.
- The Library is not responsible for the loss or damage of an organization’s property (or an individual’s property in attendance), nor is it responsible for any bodily harm that comes to an individual in attendance while participating in a program.
The use of the Community Room is subject to the regulations approved by the East Palestine Memorial Public Library Board of Trustees. The Board reserves the right to deny use of the Community Room when it views such use to be impractical or inappropriate to the Library, or to anyone who abuses the privileges and regulations set forth above.
The interpretation of this policy shall be made by the East Palestine Memorial Public Library Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees reserves the right to amend this Policy.
APPROVED BY THE EAST PALESTINE MEMORIAL PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES ON THE 6TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2021.
James Wilson, President