Mobile Hotspots Lending Program allows you to check out a WiFi hotspot to connect to the internet from almost anywhere. A hotspot is a small wireless access point providing internet access to mobile devices such as your laptop, smartphone, or tablet. Hotspots are portable, so you can connect your device to the internet almost anywhere you are, at home, at the park, and more. The hotspot device works in any area covered by the T-Mobile network.
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- Borrower must be 18 or over and have an adult library card / account in good standing.
- Borrower is limited to borrowing one Hotspot at a time.
- Hotspots are limited to one per family.
- Hotspots may be checked out for 7 days, no renewals.
- Hotspots are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- The same person may not consecutively borrow the same Hotspot.
- Returned Hotspots will not be available for 24 hours.
- There are no holds on Hotspots.
- A Hotspot kit must be returned in person to the circulation desk at the East Palestine Library.
- Hotspots may NOT BE RETURNED IN THE BOOKDROP or to other libraries.
- Cardholder must sign this agreement. Individuals with permissions to use an account may not sign in the cardholder's absence.
What if I Return a Hotspot Late or Lost It?
The borrower is responsible for costs associated with loss or damage of the hotspots and/or chargers, cases, etc. The overdue fines for a hotspot are $1.00 per day with a maximum fine of $10.00.
The wireless service on the hotspot will be turned off if the hotspot is not returned on the due date.
Contents of Mobile Hotspots Kit and Replacement Costs
- 1 Mobile Hotspot (1 SIM Card, 1 battery) $84.00
- 1 Protective Case with Foam Insert $25.00
- 1 Micro USB AC Charger $7.00
- 1 Quick Start Guide $1.00
How Many Devices Can Be Connected to a Hotspot?
Up to 10 devices can be connected to the hotspot at one time.